This crispy chicken noodle bowl is simply delicious. Best of all, it's easy to prepare. This tasty meal has an intense flavor that will keep you satiated for hours.
What Are Vermicelli Rice Noodles?
Most people use the terms vermicelli and vermicelli rice noodles interchangeably. However, these are actually two different products. Vermicelli refers to a traditional pasta that resembles spaghetti. Vermicelli pasta is a commonly used ingredient in Italian countries as well as other English-speaking provinces. 0n the other hand, the word vermicelli also refers to thin noodles from Asia. Rice noodles are used in Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, and several other Southeast Asian cuisines. If you cannot find rice noodles, you can use stick noodles or rice.
Chicken Teriyaki Noodle Bowl Substitutes. This chicken teriyaki bowl is customizable. You can build it to fit your tastes. For example, if you are looking to minimize carbs, you can substitute the rice noodles for cauliflower rice or shredded cabbage. Not a fan of snow peas or radishes; use your favorite vegetables! You can use carrots, sauteed mushrooms, broccoli, snap peas, or cauliflower. Any vegetable you can think of, you can add it to your teriyaki bowl. Crispy Chicken Noodle Bowl Crispy rice noodles and fried chicken thighs coated in teriyaki sauce are the stars of this show. Top with snow peas and radishes to make this bowl complete, and you will have a delicious lunch or dinner that's ready to receive rave reviews.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
For the teriyaki sauce:
• 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
• 1/4 cup coconut aminos
• 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
• 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
For the chicken:
• 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/3 cup cornstarch
• 3 cups of oil
For the noodles:
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 8 oz. cooked vermicelli rice noodle
• 2 cups green snow peas, blanched
• 1 radish, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
• 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1. Whisk the soy sauce, coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, honey, garlic, ginger, and cornstarch in a bowl and set it aside.
2. Place the chicken thighs into a bowl and season them with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper.
3. Add the cornstarch to the chicken thighs and toss to combine.
4. Fry the chicken thighs in batches for 4-5 minutes until it is golden brown and it has a temperature of 165˚F. Drain the chicken thighs on a paper towel-lined plate.
5. Increase the oil temperature to 400˚F, then separate the rice noodles into eight portions. 6. Place one portion of rice noodles onto a spoon and lower it into the oil. Once the rice noodles puff up, remove them from the oil and drain them on a wire rack. Cook the remaining rice noodles.
7. Place the teriyaki sauce into a saucepot over medium heat until it begins to boil. Add the chicken to the sauce and toss it to combine.
8. Add the chicken thighs to the teriyaki sauce and bring to a boil. Cook for 6-8 minutes until the sauce has reduced by one-third and the chicken is fully coated.
9. Divide the rice noodles between 4 bowls, top with the chicken, snow peas, radishes, scallions, and sesame seeds.
10. Serve and enjoy!